As a publisher, entrepreneur and consultant, I have been working for many years to transform innovative technology into valuable and useful products, services and tools for the publishing industry. It is my personal ambition to support media companies in developing and implementing a digital business model that suits their needs and helps them grow their digital business.

‘Posth – Digital Business Development’ offers consulting services, project management and product development for media companies, publishers, intermediaries, retailers, and institutions in the fields of digital publishing, digital content aggregation and distribution, social media and ebook retail marketing, data analytics and market research.

As founder and managing director of data analytics company Publishing Data Networks I am developing ‚Monitor‘, a tool for sales and marketing data analysis designed to support publishers and authors with their digital marketing and sales.

As founder and business developer of the Content Blockchain Project I am building tools and services for journalists, publishers, and media start-ups to create new innovative products, services and business models in an open blockchain economy.

In 2003, during my studies of German language and literature and philosophy, I began to produce books for publishers with LaTex and InDesign. In 2005 I started my own publishing activities. Please have a look at the product range of Posth Verlag.

As early as 2005 I founded Zentrale Medien, Germany’s first digital distributor and one of the first ebook retail sites and ebook conversion houses. The company was re-branded as KN-digital in 2009 after its acquisition by Koch, Neff & Volckmar, Germany’s largest book wholesaler and book distributor. KN-digital has been converting and distributing ebooks for major publishers like Rowohlt (Holtzbrinck/Macmillan), DTV, Campus, WBG, Aufbau, etc.

From 2009 I worked for VVA (arvato media, Bertelsmann AG), the large distributor for books and e-books of major publishing groups like Random House, Bastei Lübbe, Kosmos or Hanser, DuMont and about 200 other publishers. As Director Digital Content Distribution in Gütersloh, I was responsible for the development of digital media logistics (BIC-Media).

I am looking forward to connect, also via Twitter, Facebook, Xing oder LinkedIn.

Porter Anderson ( @Porter_Anderson ) BA, MA, MFA, is a journalist, speaker, and consultant specializing in book publishing. Formerly with CNN and CNN International as well as the Village Voice, the Dallas Times Herald, and The Bookseller, he is Editor-in-Chief of Publishing Perspectives, founded and operated by Frankfurt Book Fair New York. Publishing Perspectives is the news medium for the international trade publishing industry.

With Jane Friedman, Anderson produces The Hot Sheet, a private subscription newsletter of expert industry analysis written expressly for trade and independent authors.

Within the past year, Anderson has spoken and/or covered and/or programmed events in international publishing at venues including Frankfurt Book Fair and its Business Club, The International Publishers Association’s 32nd World Congress in New Delhi, StoryDrive Asia in Singapore, London Book Fair, Publishers Forum in Berlin, BookExpo in New York City, the Women’s Fiction Festival in Matera, PubTechConnect in New York City, The Muse and the Marketplace in Boston, FutureBook in London, the Writer’s Digest Annual Conference in New York and Los Angeles, Digital Book World in New York, Sharjah International Book Fair and the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair in the UAE, and the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) in Tampa and Washington.

With new devices and technology acting as ‘extensions of self’ and identity, it has become the ultimate content conundrum to define a well-balanced value exchange that benefits consumers and content creators alike.

Director of Global Insights and Consumer Psychologist

An award-winning audience intelligence strategist and consumer psychologist who blends research and insights to deconstruct consumer needs and behaviours. Her career spans across various fields of digital media – from publishing to omnichannel marketing – bolstered with integrated strategy, research and insights crafted for shifts in consumer knowledge, market expansion and product innovation. She’s currently the Director of Insights at GlobalWebIndex, overseeing insights gathered from a global panel of over 22 million consumers, stretching across 40+ countries.

Selfpublishing is becoming a must-have tool for any serious author. It allows authors to actually live of their own, creative work.

Matthias Matting (51) is the founder of Selfpublisherbibel.de, Germany’s most important source on all aspects of self-publishing. After studying physics, he worked as a journalist for major German media for 20 Years to finally become a self-published bestselling author. He writes Science Fiction under the pen name of Brandon Q. Morris.

Born in Hiroshima, Kazuyoshi Takeuchi graduated in Social Sciences from Hitotsubashi University in Japan. In 1974, he joined Shodensha, a company that publishes non-fiction, «light novels», mangas and magazines (Feel Young, Zipper, Nina’s), where he was administrative and financial director, sales, marketing and publishing licensing director, to be finally appointed as president in 2002. Since 2015, he has been an advisor for Shodensha Publishing Co., Ltd. – Hitotsubashi Management Group. As PACE (Publishers’ Association for Cultural Exchange) Chairman, he greatly contributed to the cultural exchanges in the publishing industry. Since 2014, as an editorial writer for France at Shuppan News (a B2B magazine on publishing), he has helped knowledge diffusion on French publishing.

Johanna Brinton is Senior Regional Manager EMEA, Global Libraries and Education at Overdrive working closely with publishers to make their digital content available for distribution to libraries. With over 18 years’ experience in dealing with digital content and publishing, Johanna is immersed in the diverse European publishing scenes and aggregates the largest multilingual catalogue in the world for libraries. Johanna is passionate about books and reads three or four books a week in their original languages. OverDrive is the leading digital reading platform for libraries and schools worldwide. Libby is the highly rated “one-tap reading app” for libraries named one of Google Play’s Best Apps of 2017. We are dedicated to “a world enlightened by reading” by delivering the industry’s largest catalogue of eBooks, audiobooks and other digital media to a growing network of 40,000 libraries and schools in 70 countries. Founded in 1986, OverDrive is based in Cleveland, Ohio USA. We became a Certified B Corporation in 2017. www.overdrive.com

One format to rule them all!

Italian computer engineer, Gregorio Pellegrino has a strong knowledge in the digital publishing field, new media with particular attention to accessibility for visually impaired people. He is a consultant in these areas for publishing companies (especially regarding formats, international standards and authoring platforms). He is the technical manager of Fondazione LIA where he coordinates consulting and training activities for national and international organisations who want to change their production processes in order to embrace accessibility. He is involved in international working-group devoted to accessibility of publications and standard formats.

A New Moral Attitude:
Reading is a problem of Education

Graduated in Pedagogy, in 1983 Grazia Gotti co-founded the Cooperativa Culturale Giannino

Stoppani and the indipendent children’s book store.

She collaborates with several publishers, scouting and curating bookseries.

Since 2003 she is a member of Accademia Drosselmeier, a Study Centre attended by teachers, educators, librarians, book sellers.

Pubblications:

A scuola con i libri. Avventure di una libraia-maestra, Rizzoli, 2013

Ne ho vedute tante da raccontar. Crescere con i libri, Giunti Editore, 2015

21 donne all’Assemblea, Bompiani, 2016

Giuseppe Ciancia born in Italy in 1987. In 2010 he attends lessons of screenplay writing for comics at Accademia delle Belle Arti in Genova. He deals with digital publishing since 2011, when he becomes editor of Verticalismi.it, the first italian webcomics & lab magazine.

Since 2015 he works as editor-in-chief for VERTICOMICS s.r.l., a digital comics distributor. In 2016 he also started working with VERTICOMICS as webmarketer and data analyist.

Eric Briys is the co-founder of Cyberlibris, a French firm established in 2001. Cyberlibris is the pioneer of digital libraries predicated on streaming + subscription (more here: https://www.thebookseller.com/futurebook/part-1-ku-or-ko-streaming-subscription-and-big-data)

Cyberlibris clients include business schools (www.scholarvox.com), universities (http://univ.scholarvox.com, http://international.scholarvox.com), corporations (www.business-vox.com), public libraries (www.bibliovox.com). Cyberlibris partners with 900 + publishing houses.

Current topic of interest: How to use reading data and datavisualization to enhance content discoverability

Current favorite book: Gabriel Zaid, Los demasiados libros, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_demasiados_libros